Last night I went to bed with a heavy heart. I did not want to go home. If it's true that home is where the heart is then where exactly is home for me? My heart was broken by the one that I loved. Shattered and blindsided is more like it. That is not home for me anymore. Right now I'm staying with family. Yes, they have a piece of my heart, but I do not feel that this is where I'm supposed to be either. I said before that I feel at home here in San Juan. I can't explain it, but I do. Is this where I'm supposed to be? If so, why am I leaving? Hence, the heavy heart. I pray and ask God for guidance. Now I will wait for His direction. Be still and know that I am God is a phrase that I have up in my room. I have had a lot of time to be still on this trip. It has brought me a sense of peace. It is very calming and refreshing. I don't know where I will end up but I do know that God is holding my heart in His hands and no matter what...I'll be alright.
I reflected on my journey thus far. There have been some good times, some bad times, and even some ugly times. The road that we travel through life seldom follows a straight line. Every choice we make determines what path we will follow. It is constantly winding and going up and down. Sometimes you just have to hang on for dear life. But while you are at it why not: look up instead of down, smile instead of frown, laugh instead of cry, live instead of...well you get the picture.
Here are some shots from my last day on the island.
I'm on the ferry now :-( This is looking back towards Friday Harbor on San Juan Island.
If you think gas prices are high in Missouri, look here!
Early morning fog
Dad and Jer-These shots are for you. Here are the local fire stations and EMS building.


Okay. Here are a few SURPRISES that I discovered on my land!
Hmmm...what I found after hearing a crunching sound under foot.

Ewwwwh!
Slugs are rampant in these parts. Funny story...the other night as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed something on the floor of my tent. Immediately disgusted...I thought that I had tracked in a little something deposited by an animal (if you know what I mean). I went to clean it up and....OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I quickly discovered that a SLUG had hitched a ride on my hiking boots and decided to join me for the evening!!! I think that I would have preferred the other over slug slime!!!! GROSS!!! Do you know what it takes to get ooey gooey slug slime out off of a tent...not to mention my hiking boots?!? No really....do you?
I am staying in Anacortes tonight because I do not want to have to mess with catching the ferry tomorrow. I have to attempt to pack up all of my gear and see that my luggage stays within the weight restrictions. Wish me luck! I thought it best that I air out my tent and scrub out the slug scum. I cannot wait to see you all and share my pics and my tales from the Great Northwest! You guys have got to see this place in person to truly appreciate how absolutely amazing it is. Pictures only begin to tell the story.
I love you guys...I'll see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment