Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My pup is home!

Yes, I know that it has been FOREVER since I last posted...but I have a pretty good excuse. I was finally able to bring my pup home last Friday afternoon! This was actually a little earlier than scheduled because I wasn't supposed to get him until the end of the semester. He finished all of the stations at the Vet Tech school a little sooner than expected so they called me to come pick him up. They needed the space for another dog and I was not going to argue. SO the adoption was finalized on Friday.

I have decided to call him RANGER. They had given him the name JAKE, but I could never get him to respond to it. I deliberated long and hard. I wanted a name that meant something but also fit his personality and style. Since he is a "rescue" dog it has taken a few days for him to get comfortable and let his true self shine through. Let me tell you, he has gotten quite comfortable and has made himself at home. He is going to be a wonderful companion and I believe that we will both be a good fit for one another. He is responding to the name RANGER already, so I am excited about that. He is a very quick learner and he already seems quite attached to me. :-) He has greeted his uncle Switzer (my dad's dog) and they have become fast friends. He is also great thus far with my nieces and seems at ease with everyone and every dog that he meets. So I would say that despite a few minor glitches, we are all doing just fine.

RANGER: wanderer (umm...yesterday he wandered out of the fenced back yard...after my almost heart attack and flood of panic I drove for awhile and "discovered" him heading back to the house...covered in mud...but what can I say? He looked like he had a blast...wherever he had been); rover (this is another meaning of wanderer); "forest guardian;" keeper of the forest (There aren't many forest around these parts, but I can say that he is a very good guardian of the land-although I have yet to hear him bark he has been very attentive); (I think that I'll tell my little bro that his childhood hero had something to do with it...you know...that guy Chuck Norris...Walker...Texas Ranger...but really I just laugh at all of the coincidences that I have uncovered after deciding upon the name: Jer's childhood hero, LTEC Rangers: where I work, and the list goes on.

I love the outdoors and he seems quite at home there also. Daily walks have become a regular occurrence for me and my Aussie doggie. I cannot wait to get to Washington and see how much he enjoys the island. Perhaps we can both find a home there as well.....to be continued.

Since I have been spending my time over the past few weeks getting ready to bring RANGER home and getting ready for our trip up to San Juan, I have neglected my duties here on the blog. I will try to do better. Look for pics in the next few days.....and this time I REALLY mean it! If not, just e-mail me or give me a call and say "WUZ UP?!?

Until then...I'll see you all around. Have a wonderful week and enjoy the fabulous weather! The torrent of rain seems to have subsided and the weather is absolutely gorgeous over the next few days and into the weekend. Get out...go for a walk/run with your pup (walk/run 'em if you got 'em!)...kick back for a barbeque...or whatever-JUST DO IT (outside preferably)! Don't waste your day!

SEE YA!

No comments: