Friday, June 27, 2008

Finally here on my own land!

Hey there. . .I am still trying to catch up on the blog. This one is for Thursday.

Last night I arrived in Port Townsend. I stayed the night at the Aladdin Motor Inn. Sounds luxurious right? Actually, I was pleasantly surprised. I slept like a baby! I woke up fairly early because I had to be at the ferry terminal by 9:00am or I would lose my reservation. I grabbed a quick breakfast in the lobby (free!!) and headed out.

The winds were knocking the ferry around this morning, although you can't really tell it from these pictures. There was a group of Harley bikers that loaded the ferry in front of me. I wondered if their bikes would stay standing for the duration of the trip? They did! Amazingly enough! I don't know if I would have been so bold with my bike...but then I don't have a Harley. My little Ninja has a higher center of gravity...it could be a wee bit tipsy on the rough seas!

I drove up Whidbey Island towards Anacortes-where I would catch the ferry to San Juan Island. On my way to the second ferry, I stopped along the way at Deception Pass State Park. I stopped here last year at sunset. It was beautiful. This year, I had time to hike along the beach.
I could see the San Juan Islands from the beach! This is where I'll be later today!

I met this little guy on the beach.....Although he was not moving, I don't want to think the worst.

As I walked down the beach, I turned around to look at the bridge. This shot with my footprints kind of reminds me of that poem "Footprints" or is it "Footprints in the Sand"-I don't remember exactly, but you get the point.I arrived in Anacortes around 2:00pm and waited in line for the 3:10pm ferry. The ride was uneventful and we landed at San Juan Island around 4:30pm. Upon arrival to Friday Harbor, I headed straight for my property on Moonlight Drive. I couldn't wait to get "home." I wanted to make sure that I got my campsite set up before dark. Since there is not a driveway cut into the trees, I parked across the street in a neighboring driveway. The neighbors were out and were more than friendly. They invited me to park in their drive for the duration of my visit. Thank goodness. Otherwise, I might be chopping some trees with my handy-dandy camping ax (actually it's more like a little hatchet).

As I made my way towards the clearing, I encountered an obstacle. I broke out the hatchet! As you can see, I did not get very far before my hands gave out. Too bad I did not think to bring a chain saw!!! Do you think I could have slipped one past the TSA?!?After setting up camp, I headed back into Friday Harbor. I wanted to check out where the public restroom and showers were located in the Marina for tomorrow morning. I took in some of the sights then headed back to my land to catch some shut-eye. Tomorrow would come soon enough.
I'll talk to you all later. Love you!

No comments: