Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hiking in Olympic National Park

Hey there-Sorry that I haven't updated lately. I have had trouble finding internet access. However, I am now at San Juan Island and have access in a cafe here. I am posting a few more sunset pictures from Tuesday evening. I had to switch memory cards so these were left out the other day.


Tuesday, I explored Sol Duc Hot Springs, Crescent Lake, and Hurricane Ridge-all part of Olympic National Park. I know that the sign spells Sol Duc differently than I have, however, it is spelled "Sol Duc" by the native tribes. I was told that I was there on one of the few days that it was not raining! I have encountered beautiful weather everywhere I have gone!

This is the trail leading to Sol Duc Falls. It is one of the most photographed places in the Pacific Northwest.



After leaving the Sol Duc area of the park, I traveled East on Highway 101. My next stop was Lake Crescent. I basically just drove through this area, but I did stop to snap some pictures.

My final destination before heading to Port Townsend for the evening was Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park. I visited here last year when there was a lot more snow up on the ridge making it impossible to hike. This year I was able to take a short hike up to Sunrise Point. I still had to trek through a little snow, but it was not that bad and the view was breath-taking.





That black bird. . .man! You would not believe how big that sucker was. It stood a good foot tall!! The view from the top of the point was amazing!

Dad-Don't worry. There was a railing or at least a chain fence keeping me safe at the top. . .


Actually, maybe you should worry. It was really only this tall! A lot of good that is going to do right?

I got a little too close!


THE END!

.....Or was it?
Until next time. . .

In case you haven't caught on yet, the last picture of every blog is for my beautiful nieces: Belle, Emirson, and Sophie!

No comments: