Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm in Love!

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I have fallen head over heels! What girl could resist? I mean...his beautiful eyes, his gorgeous hair, his sweet kisses, and let's not forget that tongue!!! HA! HA! All kidding aside...it looks like I have found a true companion!
Today I got to meet Jake for the first time and proceeded to fall in love. He is such a sweetheart. He is currently residing at Maple Woods Community College's Vet Tech School. I'll get to bring him home at the end of the semester. It is a good program where animals are "rescued" from shelters and given thorough medical care and attention. As a result, at the end of each semester, the students have gained knowledge from their interactions with the animals and the animals have received excellent care and find good permanent homes. I see frequent visits to the college in my immediate future!

Jake is a lively 2 year old Australian Sheppard. I had a chance to take him outside for a walk/jog before the sleet started falling from the sky. He really seemed to enjoy it. It will be fun to get him out for hikes/runs this summer. The college was told by the shelter where Jake came from that he was deaf. The college, however, has noticed that he seems to hear some things but they cannot gage his hearing level. I did get a response from him when I whistled, so who knows? I am going to meet with his student advocate to become familiar with the hand signals that she uses so I can be consistent with what he already knows.

I can't wait. It will be nice to have a doggie in my life again. It has been too long. It might, however, make my search for a rental this summer in San Juan more difficult, but I know that it will be worth it.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments: