If you live here in the Midwest, I do not need to tell you that the past few weeks have been pretty crazy...as far as the weather goes. Usually this time of year we are experiencing cold frigid temperatures, freezing rain, ice, and snow. We have been getting some of that.....but we have also had quite the opposite as well. It was 70 degrees on Monday and Tuesday! What in the world (global warming) is going on (global warming)?
(FYI*That was a shout out to Subliminal Man from SNL:-)
There have been ice storms in Arkansas, tornadoes in Oklahoma, and last night we had very loud (yea!) thunderstorms here in Missouri. Anyways...in was pouring down rain this morning. That might sound like a gloomy prospect to some but not to me. I love all sorts of weather, as long as it does not affect life and property. Perhaps this is why I have been drawn to the field of emergency management, to help others who have been affected by extreme events? Hmmm?
Today I had a very special treat...SNOW! After the 70 degree weather, I was not sure if I would get to see anymore of the white stuff this season. As the temperature dropped, the rain slowly changed over to snow. The flakes that fell from the sky were SO BIG...I'm talking ENORMOUS! They were at least the size of a half-dollar! It was so cool!
Unfortunately, we were out on a trip with the kiddos from school and I did not have my camera with me. My cell phone pics didn't turn out so you will just have to take my word on what I saw. It was truly an amazing sight!
I have some exciting things coming my way that I'll tell you all more about later...Chicago for spring break...summer in San Juan...and a possible addition to my family!!!!! Not the kind you might be thinking...I am going on Friday to meet a furry friend named Jake. He's an Aussie! I'll let you know how the meeting goes and possibly post some pics on Saturday. Here's a quick pic from the college website http://www.mcckc.edu/maplewoods/vettech/adopt/large/1149.jpg Could adoption be in my future? I really miss having a pup in my life...could Jake be the one? This could, however, complicate my lodging plans for the summer in San Juan. :-( Can you believe that not everyone likes dogs? How can it be? Well, I'll camp on my land all summer if need be, but I am not going to put off having a pup any longer. A year is long enough...it's time to move forward (in more ways than one). ;-) I just hope it all works out...living in a tent for at least 2 months could prove quite interesting.
Here's a bit of irony for you as I wrap up this post: Saturday (Feb.14) I am working at my job up at the College's Community Ed Center...the court mandated class for divorcing parents. It falls on one Saturday a month. The one Saturday this month that they scheduled it on falls on what day?!? Yes...ironic, huh? It should be a hoot!
I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening and a very Happy Valentine's Day! For all of you with a special someone-enjoy each other and cherish what you have together...for the rest of us-remember that even though you are not in a relationship you are not alone. Cheesy, I know, but it's true. You are a special someone to your friends and family. I know, I know...enough already. What can I say? So, from yours truly: I wish YOU a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment