Okay...so I don't have any pictures to post tonight, but stay tuned. I have a lot to catch up on! Last week, for one, was my spring break! Yahoo! Katy, my friend from work, and I headed up to Chicago for a few days to check out the windy city. Boy, did it live up to its name! I have some pics from the trip, but it has been a bit crazy to get them posted. Hopefully, I'll get some time Wednesday! This is my week to work at the college also so finding time could be a bit tricky...especially if I take the guys up on the poker game.....we will see.
I do have a confession to make...I have been "bitten" by the Twilight craze. HA! And I said that would never happen! Katy...blasted Katy! She has read everything there is that is associated with the story. She kept talking about it at work and on the train ride to Chicago...7 1/2 hours. Not the whole time, but you get the idea? Well, we caught the movie while in Chi town and she paid me back for a lunch that I purchased for us by getting me the first of the four books at the Borders not far from our hotel. I guess she thought I needed a little more reading material for the trip home? Okay...it wasn't that bad. It was pretty good actually. The thing that piqued my interest initially wasn't the story line, it was the setting. Washington state...the Olympic peninsula to be exact. Many of the places that I had visited last summer! The author painted the scene quite vividly. It really made me miss it that much more. I cannot wait for the summer to get here! If I keep up my current pace (I just finished the second book), I should be done by the weekend. Not too bad for four books?
Some of you might think that this is a silly thing to confess to...reading these books. Well, coming from someone who seldom reads fiction, much less the current youth/young adult craze of fiction...I feel a bit silly. I know that probably sounds silly itself but it is what it is I guess. But if I take a step back...are fictitious vampires really that far off from some of the "real life" books that I have read that dive into the psyche of a predator or serial killer? Before you think I'm demented or anything...I read those books partly for school. I got my degree in sociology and psychology at college. Fun, fun, fun...but I digress...
Tomorrow is Field Day with the kiddos at school. Just imagine a bunch of adults pushing kiddos in wheelchairs across a college gym floor, among other activities. Now imagine that some of those adults (ranging in age from 22-?) where former high school track runners. I would say stars but I would have to use the term very loosely...myself included. Competition pulsing through our veins! Ha! I have to laugh...this could get quite interesting. It's my first year after all. I work in the room with the older kids. We have some graduating from high school this year. We practice our "race" in the school hall a few weeks ago. I was a sprinter in high school, fast out of the blocks. No one told me that it doesn't quite work that way with a wheelchair in front of you. It has wheels. It's supposed to roll, right?!? As I shot across the start line the other day, I realized (quickly) that it wasn't going to work for me that way. The wheelchair lurched forward, ever so slightly, as my outstretch arms collapsed against my body and the frame of the chair. Thump! It was like I hit a brick wall. I'm sure that it was quite comical to watch...but my ego was a bit bruised among other things! Well, after some much needed pointers and a little ice, I think I am ready for tomorrow. Bring it on, I say! It's all about the kids right? RIGHT! ;-)
Goodnight, all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment