Sunday, March 1, 2009

Winter Wonderland?

Okay...I have fallen a bit behind. Oops! :-) So here's my weekend (in a nut shell-just imagine a really BIG nut!) That is, minus Rock Band night (Sunday night). I'll have to add that tomorrow!
I had been looking forward all of last week to Friday (last Friday). That is when I made the trek up to visit my pup again. He will be finishing out the semester at the Vet Tech school, so I will be able to bring him home at the end of April. I can't wait!!! It turns out that he isn't as deaf as they thought after all. I noticed some "ear perks" at stuff and mentioned it to his "people." They said that they noticed also. They were told by the shelter where they "rescued" him from that he was indeed deaf. They just got him in January so....my thinking is that they didn't interact with him as much to begin with because they believed him to be deaf. I also don't think that he knows the name that they gave to him (Jake) very well because they thought he was deaf and did not use it to call him. Who knows? I think that he is very enamoured with his surroundings and could care less if they are calling him by a name that he does not recognize. He is a smart fellow and should catch on quickly. I have had a great time with him on my visits and think that we are going to have a great life together! So...since he doesn't really respond to Jake...I'm thinking of changing his name. Any ideas? Here are a few pictures from my last visit. I was able to take him out for a short walk. It was bitterly cold so we didn't stay out too long, but we had some fun.
Isn't he a cutie?

Rollin' around and havin' fun!

Can you hear me now?!? ;-)
Here in Missouri, you never know what you are going to get with the weather. The weathermen try, but it just seems like a futile effort. It is said that if you don't like the weather around here just wait a few minutes and it will change. They call for snow and we often get nothing but a trace of precipitation. I remember many times as a kid thinking that school would get cancelled because of all of the snow they kept saying we were going to get...only to be disappointed when I woke up to dry ground or at the most only a trace of the white stuff. On occasion I was happily surprised, but those times seemed very few and far between.

This week I was somewhat skeptical, given that the high on Tuesday was in the 60's, when I heard that they were calling for snow on Saturday. I remember thinking, "Yeah, right!" and that I would believe it when I saw it. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely LOVE the snow. It is SO beautiful. And very fun to play in. But they have gotten it wrong all winter, why get it right now?!? Well, Saturday they were calling for snow...2-4 inches of snow would fall in my area they were saying......HA HA HA HA HA! Boy where they wrong, once again! But wrong in the best of ways! We did not get our 2-4 inches of snow.....On Saturday, I woke up to huge flakes of white falling to the ground! I think that it was around 7 inches of the white stuff that I got to frolic in! Yippee! Alas, like the saying goes...wait a while and it will all change...Thursday it is supposed to be 70 degrees and the snow is already beginning to melt. At least I can enjoy it while it lasts!

SNOW!!!

My dad's dog.....eating bird seed?!?

UH...where did I put that ice scraper again?!?!?

Beautiful setting sun!

Saturday evening my family gathered at our hometown barbecue joint, Zarda Bar-B-Q, to celebrate my sister-in-law, Megan's, birthday. She is officially 6 1/4 years old. She is one of the lucky few whose birthday falls on February 29th! When her birthday year falls on a fraction she relishes in the fact that she gets to celebrate for two whole days! I just have to say, Megan, don't forget how old you really are...but doesn't 6 1/4 sound so much better than a quarter of a century old?!? I'm not going to mention how old I'll be at the end of the month...can I count in "leap year" also?

We just love the barbecue! Mmmm burnt ends!
Well, that just about sums it up, Rock Band night excluded. All in all...not too shabby! One more week 'til Chicago. Yeah! And a little less than 3 months 'til San Juan. Even bigger YEAH! I hope you all are having a spectacular week. As you can see, my week must be going pretty well so far (HA) if I'm counting down the days...right? Just another manic Monday! I'll talk to you soon!
Have a great one! :-P

1 comment:

Dyers said...

Hi Kandi! I love the pictures of your dog. He is beautiful. It was good to see you the other night.