Let me start off by saying that I will have some more pictures to put up soon. I just keep forgetting to unload the memory card onto my computer and my computer is having a bit of a memory/storage issue anyways. 1% available space is not a good thing. I don't know enough about computers to be helpful, but just enough to be dangerous! Do I really want to permanently delete that file? Hmmm? Maybe I better get some help? You think? Dude, I have an older DELL Inspiron laptop, if any of you have some helpful advice. I guess I should have been a little more proactive in the computer literacy dept...but when your with a computer programmer...you tend to let it slide a little. Oops!
ANYWAYS...
My summer here on the island is quickly coming to a close. I have experienced a little sadness at the thought of leaving this place. It's difficult to describe unless you have experienced it for yourself. I guess the best way for me to try to tell you how I feel at this moment is that I am at peace. I am content. I know that San Juan is where I belong. Now, I must patiently wait on God's timing. That is the hard part, right? So, the sadness is quickly replaced with happy thoughts of returning, one day, to this place. My home. Have you ever gone on a vacation and as you reach the end of your stay, wherever you are, you just can't wait to get back home and get on with things? I don't feel that was. Quite the opposite actually. I feel as though I am leaving my home and headed out on a journey. My journey back to KC. It seems to me like I am taking a vacation of sorts, for 10 months or fewer, until I return here...home. Like I said, it is difficult to describe...it is just the way I feel.
I have met some interesting people this summer. I have seen some old friends and made some new ones. I have had people try to set me up with their grandsons! I have gone to tea with a group of wonderful ladies every week. It has been a lot of fun to hear the ladies (many in their 70's and 80's) tell stories from their childhoods. What it was like for them to grow up on this rock of an island. I have had a wonderful time working out on my land. MY LAND! I love the sound of that...and HATE the fact that I might not be able to say that for much longer. It's all in God's hands though. I guess that is one thing that I am sad about...the realization that I might not have my land any longer when I return to the island. It's a tough thing to accept. But I know that what happens is supposed to happen and no matter what, I will be okay. I have always been a planner...so this flying by the seat of my pants thing has been interesting. I kind of like it. Don't waste your life planning out what you will do some day...Instead, get out and actually live it. LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH!
LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH!...Ahhh! Contentment! My future is unknown, so I LIVE today! I embrace life and LOVE, even when it's difficult. There is no limit to the amount of LOVE a heart can hold. And I LAUGH...mostly at myself. You would not believe the predicaments I get myself into (ie. getting set up by an 88 year old grandmother!).
So, my summer is drawing to an end...but life goes on. And I will be back. You can count on that!
Until I get those pics up here...or I see you in KC...or I see you about town here on the island...Have a wonderful day! I love you guys! Remember to keep smilin'!!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment