The weather here in the Midwest can be quite interesting. Last Friday was absolutely gorgeous. The sun was shining and the temperature rose to almost 70 degrees, quite balmy for this time of year! Over the past few days, however, the bottom has seemed to drop out of the thermometer with lows reaching -4 and yesterday's high was only 9! NINE!!! Needless to say, A LOT of people are getting sick.
I have been trying to fight off the bug for the last few days, but it seems that I have finally been bitten! There are two bugs going around the area: a cold bug and a stomach flu bug. Thankfully, I only have a cold. I don't think that there is anything worse than the stomach flu. Yuck! It's said that you should feed a cold and starve the flu...so my cold has been getting a lot of hot and sour soup. Yummy!
I love cold weather. I actually love any kind of weather for that matter. Have you ever experienced a Midwestern thunderstorm in the summer? It's awesome! Here in Missouri in the winter everything kind of dies away. There aren't many evergreens around so the landscape can look a little bare and ugly. I just love it when everything is covered with a blanket of snow! Here, though, we just usually get a lot of ice. The snow seems to be few and far between.
I was thinking to myself the other day when it was bitterly cold that it would be nice if we had a little snow. I think that the beauty of a snowfall would make the cold much more tolerable. This morning...much to my surprise...(the weathermen said that we would only get a dusting of snow which usually means we'll get nothing)...the ground was covered with a light blanket of the white stuff! It was so beautiful! It did make my drive to work a little treacherous, but my AWD took care of me. I was in such awe that I braved the cold to venture out, with my cold sneezing and all, and snapped some pictures of the sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment