What a gorgeous day! The sun was shining and the temperature actually got up to around 65 degrees! It was so beautiful outside! I could not wait to get off of work so I could go out and play in the sun. There were so many motorcycles out. What a fabulous day to go for a ride. It would have been fun to take advantage of the nice weather...however lately my plans just don't seem to work out for me.
At lunch I got a voicemail from my sister wanting me to call her back. She didn't give any details and she sounded like she had been crying or something. My heart sank. She's a teacher so she should have been at school when she made the call. I wasn't sure what to expect when I called her back. I thought something horrible had happened to someone in my family-my nieces! She sounded that bad! To my relief, though, I found out that everyone was alright-except that she had the worst case of the flu that anyone could get. I won't go into details, but believe me...it was bad!!! It turns out that she had been crying, that's how bad it was. I felt so bad for her. It's going around the schools like crazy. I hope that it doesn't come my way!
My assignment, if I chose to accept it, was to pick up my nieces from school and deliver them safely home. Of course I did it. I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to hang with the kiddos. It looked like my walk had turned into a long drive with the windows rolled down. I can't complain though. I cranked up my tunes and jammed all the way. It's all good! I ended up staying at Kari's house for a while and cooked some dinner 'cause Eric was at a meeting. As I stepped out of their house to head home I was met by the gusting wind. The cold front had arrived! Oh well. At least I got to catch the sunset. The sky was painted by the most amazing and vibrant colors! The oranges and pinks were so intense! I cannot even begin to describe it!
I headed home for an early night. I know it sounds so boring, but I'm still trying to recover from the two weeks that I had off of work over Christmas break. My internal clock is all out of whack! I have an early morning tomorrow working at my other job. The bright spot of the day will be catching the girls basketball games. Goodness, I cannot believe how exciting my life sounds!!! All in all, I do have to be thankful that the call from my sister did not turn out as I had imagined. Everyone was safe and she is starting to feel better. Thank goodness!
I better call it a night, tomorrow will come soon enough. I hear that it is supposed to snow tomorrow!!! From 65 degrees today to snow tomorrow, you've got to love Missouri weather! Next week our high temperature is supposed to be 15 degrees!!!!! Say what?!?!? No wonder everyone is getting sick!
Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment