Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year to everyone! I had a fun-filled New Year's Eve. My sister hosted a get-together for family and some friends. We played cards. I actually learned a new game! It was pretty fun. My horizons were broadened beyond poker, rummy, spades, and hearts. I'm not sure what it is called, but it's fun. I jammed into the New Year with my nieces. They got Rock Band for Christmas! It was a blast. I think that the drums are my favorite but the guitar comes in at a close second. My bro-in-law, Eric, takes the cake as the "flawless" soloist. I couldn't really understand what he was singing but who am I to contradict the official game scoring system? We were all rolling. Unless I'm able to get in more practice, I should probably stick to my piano. My nieces are naturals and seemed to clean up on everyone that they played. You have to watch out for those kiddos! Is there a more fitting way to welcome in the new year other than with family? It was great fun hanging with my sister and brothers over the Christmas break.

Yeah!
So, This WILL be a good year. After last year it doesn't take much, right?

and

Yes, I know...you don't have to say it! I know that I have taken procrastination (I have actually just had my mind on other things) to a whole new level. I do plan to update my blog on a regular basis. So stay tuned....

But life goes on, right?

I love my job. The kids at school are truly an inspiration and a daily reminder of all that I have to be thankful for.

My education...well...as far as grad school goes...I'll just say-life is a funny thing, ain't it?

Life in general, though, is good. My family and friends are all happy, healthy, and wise (for the most part-wise I mean :-). I am good too-officially single-but good. A year ago, I don't know that I would have been able to say that. A lot can happen in a year. I wonder what this year will bring? Hmmmmmm?

As far as the single thing goes though...I just heard on the news last night that Kansas City is the worst city in the entire US (based on a research study) for getting a date! I'm not sure about all of the info they used to base their study on, but it doesn't sound good for all of us single folks!

Oh, by the way, this is definitely THE YEAR for the ROYALS and CHIEFS! I say this every year. Odds are that I'll be right one of these days, right?!? Here's to wishful thinking! After all, they can't get any worse.....or can they?!?

No comments: