So...to help cure my winter blahs I browsed my pictures to look for images that make me say WOW or just bring a smile. (There is no real rhyme or reason to them). Hopefully you can find a few that do the same for you....enjoy!
Look at her form! My niece is a natural!
I took this pic on a missions trip to Romania in 2007. This farmer was the sweetest man. It was like stepping back in time. The simple pleasures of life. What an awesome experience!
From 1900 to the 21st Century. Living in relative close proximity to Whiteman Air Force Base, the Stealth is often a regular sight.
Ahhhhhh!
Ruby Beach in Washington on the Olympic Peninsula.
Yeehaw! Tubing in the Ozarks!
Those aren't banjos I'm hearing...are they?!?
Dashing through the snow!
That's more like it!
I've had enough...can I go in now?
Do you ever wonder what is going through your dog's head?
I miss my doggies! :-(
Talk about taking your breath away!! Literally!!
My niece and my grandma at her home in Ozark, AR.
Two peas in a pod!

Ruby Beach in Washington on the Olympic Peninsula.
Those aren't banjos I'm hearing...are they?!?
I miss my doggies! :-(
Talk about taking your breath away!! Literally!!Two peas in a pod!
I just love this girl!
The Country Club Plaza Lights in Kansas City.
2008 Lighting ceremony
There's no better way to spend Thanksgiving night!
This year the lights were turned on by Kansas City's own American Idol winner David Cook!
Okay, I know that this post is kind of everywhere. I don't really know if it has a point. I guess you could say that a lot can happen in a year...so take time to enjoy and say WOW and smile. And when you have a slow day, or week for that matter, take time to reflect on your experiences. Thank God for today because every day is a gift...even if not much happens!
I am finally getting over my cold, FINALLY! Now I am ready to get rid of some energy! But what to do??? When the high temperature outside doesn't get out of the teens it is difficult to find things to do outdoors that don't tend to make a person miserable or ill for that matter. One of my friends at work has taken to indoor rock climbing and asked me if I would like to join her group. Sounds fun...2008 Lighting ceremony
There's no better way to spend Thanksgiving night!
This year the lights were turned on by Kansas City's own American Idol winner David Cook!
Okay, I know that this post is kind of everywhere. I don't really know if it has a point. I guess you could say that a lot can happen in a year...so take time to enjoy and say WOW and smile. And when you have a slow day, or week for that matter, take time to reflect on your experiences. Thank God for today because every day is a gift...even if not much happens!
Right now I am trying to get something together for my upcoming spring break. It so happens that everything has lined up and I have an entire week off from work! Both Jobs! The school district's and the college's spring breaks are the same week!! YEEHAW! Now the big question that needs an answer is where to go? Snow skiing in Colorado?...Somewhere warm and sunny?... San Juan?...Should I make my reservations now or just fly by the seat of my pants and see if I can get cheap tickets at the last minute? Perhaps I could get a really good deal by waiting or I could get stuck with a very undesirable locale? What to do? What to do? What to do? Whatever I do, I want to do it on the cheap because I am saving for my summer.
I am considering spending my entire summer in Washington on San Juan Island. For those of you who don't know, I would eventually like to relocate up there. I want to check out the local emergency management office and see if there might be any way that I could support myself up there while I get my Master's degree over the next two years. I have never lived anywhere but Missouri. However, in the time that I have spent on the island I have fallen in love with it. It has that small town atmosphere that I love, it's rugged yet sophisticated, the locals are so nice and friendly, outdoor activities abound, and it is a dog friendly community (dogs rule!). Some people might not get it, but I feel at home here. I hope to spend my summer here and see if we do in fact make a good fit. If so, perhaps my stay could be extended beyond the summer? Wouldn't that be fun?!? Here are a few reasons why I love it...do you think that you could love it too?
Goodnight!
1 comment:
Some fun pictures here. I am happy you like the Darwin topic. It is always a touchy topic. There area such strong beliefs out there, it is hard for people not to get upset. I am glad that it opened the topic up for a chat at your work. Making each other think is a gift we have as humans.
Post a Comment