My little bro sure has a way with the kiddos!
After the games I met up with a friend to see the movie "Gran Torino." It was pretty good. I was not sure what to expect because I heard mixed reviews, but it was good. I went home and crashed the rest of the night. Oh so exciting!
Sunday I felt awful again. Would I ever be able to shake this cold? After church I met up with my brother and his wife and my sister and her family to catch another movie. I don't usually spend my weekends at the theatre, but I do have some gift cards to spend so I might as well use them right? Well, I need to stop letting others have total control over the movie picks. Last time my sister and her friends picked "Nights in Rodanthe" Uggg! Worst movie EVER!!! This time the kids picked "Paul Blart: Mall Cop." Ummm.....it had it's moments. I'll just say that hearing my nieces giggle was priceless. There is nothing more pleasing to the ears than a child's laughter. And when my 3 year old niece, grabbed my hand on the way out of the theatre and said, "That was really a good movie!" Well, that made it all worth it.
She just loves her makeup (chapstick).
It looks like I'm about to be overtaken in the height category by a 12 year old!
It's back to work tomorrow. Inauguration Day! We are planning an inauguration party in our classroom. We're going to watch the parade and witness history in the making as Obama is sworn in as President of the United States of America! Regardless of how you voted, we should all acknowledge the history that was made and is continuing to be made on a daily basis. We should uphold our leaders regardless of our political persuasion. Remember, a house divided will fall! (stepping off soap box)...
Have a great evening everyone!.....and remember...climbing utility poles can be really dumb, so please stay out of trees near overhead lines! (don't ask-inside joke)
This "almost eight-year-old" sure has some talent!
No comments:
Post a Comment